Baked Feta Pasta with Kalamata Olives and Tomatoes
The viral bake feta pasta is back, this time with a Freestyle Twist! We hope you enjoy this creamy, rich, and savory pasta dish-- perfect for a comfy night in.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 10 oz. Pasta
- 8-oz block Feta Cheese
- 2 pt. Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 package Freestyle Snacks™ Kalamata Olives
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- Lemon Zest (optional)
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium-sized baking dish, add the cherry tomatoes, chopped shallots, minced garlic, kalamata olives, and chopped basil. Season with the salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and lemon zest (if using). Drizzle with the olive oil. Toss together with a serving spoon until well-combined.
- Add the feta cheese block into the center of the dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until tomatoes are bursting and the feta cheese is golden on top.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package instructions or until al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water.
- Press down on the warm feta cheese with a serving spoon and stir together to create the sauce. Add the pasta water to reach your desire consistency (optional).
- Add the cooked and drained pasta into the sauce, tossing together until the pasta is well-coated. Enjoy warm with freshly chopped basil!